#67 – SET YOUR VALUES – #4 of 4-part Series to Supercharge your Goal Achievement
Peter Drucker said, “Culture eats strategy for breakfast.” In other words, you first need a set of values to have a strong foundation for achieving your goals. Your personal, financial and spiritual foundational values will dictate the strength of your vision and mission. So in this episode, we’ll finish our series of goal superchargers and Set Your Values for your financial journey with three guidelines to help your process. You want this fourth episode in the series to be fully equipped to take on your goals for 2023 and beyond!
[00:01 – 06:03] An Intro to Setting Your Values
• Recap of our three superchargers
• Values reflect who God made you to be, and share Galatians 5:22-23
• How the example of a beach vacation illustrates vision, mission, and values
[06:04 – 10:32] Setting Financial Values to Achieve Your Goals: 3 Guidelines to Follow
• Values are a quiet foundation for achieving your goals
• Guidelines to set values: choose, energize, keep visible
- Examples of financial values: frugal, honest, generous, obedient, intentional, thrifty
[10:33 – 15:07] Breaking Down the Three Guidelines
• Choose values that are inspirational, aspirational, and motivational
• Energize them by talking about them at the dinner table, encouraging family members
• Keep values visible: ex. artwork of financial and life values as a family
[15:08 – 21:45] Achieving Your Goals Through Vision, Mission, and Values
• Set aside time to read through your financial vision and mission before setting your values
• Prayer helps align our hearts, mind, and thinking with God
• A threefold cord of vision, mission, and values creates a solid financial foundation
• Access the free resources library at https://changeforyourdollar.com/
“If we are to go forward, we must go back and rediscover those precious values that all reality hinges on moral foundations and that all reality has spiritual control.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
A military officer once said, “I don’t want to give orders that can be understood. I want to give orders that can’t be misunderstood.” – John Putnam
“Prayer is not preparation for the greater work. Prayer is the greater work.” – Oswald Chambers
“The only time you have the ability to love God and love others is right now—this moment and this day.” – John Putnam
Let’s continue the conversation! Connect to Smarter Stewardship at https://smarterstewardship.com/ and gain access to resources that will help you stay in the loop for resources that will actively help you shape your financial future.
If you’re interested in growing in your faith, wealth, and life, visit https://changeforyourdollar.com/ for all the tools you need from coaching and speaking to my latest book, He Spends, She Spends!
If this blessed you today, please Subscribe, Leave a Review, and Share with someone who you believe will benefit from this message!