94 – Part 2 – Teach your Kids about Money During Back to School Shopping
Back-to-school shopping comes with a special opportunity to teach your kids about money!In the second part of a two-part series, we’re continuing our journey with fresh insights.
Continuing the momentum from last episode, I’m delving into the practical ways you can impart biblical financial wisdom and practical teaching to your children during these shopping activities. Remember, it’s not about perfection; it’s about progress.
So, take your time, engage in patient conversations, and empower your child to make wise choices. Just like Jesus’ parables, we’ll show, tell, and point toward meaningful financial choices. Let’s empower our children with these invaluable lessons for a lifetime of wise money management.
In this episode, John discusses:
- Modeling and encouraging charitable giving for children
- Practical steps for age-appropriate budget planning for various life expenses
- Strategies to help children make thoughtful purchase decisions
- Back-to-school shopping provides the perfect platform for instilling valuable biblical financial principles in your children, fostering patient, gentle conversations about contentment, generosity, budgeting, and combating impulse buying.
- Engage your children in age-appropriate budget planning and financial discussions, allowing them to actively participate in managing some finances, and cultivating a foundation of financial responsibility that empowers them for their financial future.
- Equip your children with the skills to make thoughtful purchases by planning ahead, distinguishing needs from wants, and recognizing marketing tactics, all while referencing wisdom biblical from to guide their decision-making.
- Use post-shopping reflection as a means to assess budget and list adherence and impart essential lessons about budgeting, smart shopping, and money management, with the goal of nurturing wise financial choices that last a lifetime.
“Let your kids catch you in some really good money moments and then show them, tell them, and point them to the truth.”
- Get your free “Get Recession Ready” mini-course at https://changeforyourdollar.com/
- Free Goal Achievement Supercharger Lessons & Worksheets
Let’s continue the conversation!
Connect to Smarter Stewardship at https://smarterstewardship.com/ and gain access to resources that will help you stay in the loop for resources that will actively help you shape your financial future.
If you’re interested in growing in your faith, wealth, and life, visit https://changeforyourdollar.com/ for all the tools you need from coaching and speaking to my latest book, He Spends, She Spends!
If this blessed you today, please Subscribe, Leave a Review, and Share with someone who you believe will benefit from this message!