90 – Is This ‘Free Money’ Waiting for You?
There may actually be ‘free money’ waiting for you! In this episode, we’ll specifically focus on the potential benefits of some employer-sponsored plans and explore the importance of following through on the wisdom of scripture. By taking advantage of three poential opportunities that may be an option at your company, you might just uncover some ‘free money’ waiting for you. So, let’s explore some financial benefits and make informed choices for your future!
In this episode, John discusses:
- A story of following instructions and taking action through the game of pickleball.
- The potential of ‘free money’ and how employer contributions can enhance your financial well-being.
- Maximizing employer-sponsored benefits for financial benefit, moving from principle to practical.
- Understanding some common employer plans and their impact on your financial future.
- Just like in pickelball, where knowing the rules but failing to follow them led to frustration and lost points, it’s vital to apply the wisdom of Scripture in our lives rather than merely being acquainted with it (Ephesians 5).
- Find out if there is ‘free money’ on the table by taking advantage of employer contributions and tax-efficient opportunities available to you.
- Explore the benefits of employer-sponsored plans like 401(k)s, health savings accounts, and flexible spending accounts to improve savings and tax advantages.
- Reach out to your HR/Benefits department and inquire about potential employer-funded benefits that you may be missing out on
- And as always, seek guidance from a financial advisor or benefits specialist before making any changes to your benefits!
“We know the right things to do, but we just don’t always do them. See, if you don’t use the wisdom in scripture, if you don’t follow it, I mean, what good is it to know it, but not do what it says? A friend of mine puts it this way. He says, you can be filled with information, but have no transformation. So today I want to take us from principle to practical.”
- Employer-sponsored plans (401k): https://www.investor.gov/additional-resources/retirement-toolkit/employer-sponsored-plans/traditional-and-roth-401k-plans
- Health savings accounts (HSA): https://www.investor.gov/introduction-investing/general-resources/news-alerts/alerts-bulletins/investor-bulletins-28
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA): https://www.healthcare.gov/have-job-based-coverage/flexible-spending-accounts
- Find a CKA: https://kingdomadvisors.com/find-a-cka
- Get your free “Get Recession Ready” mini-course at https://changeforyourdollar.com/
- Free Goal Achievement Supercharger Lessons & Worksheets
Let’s continue the conversation!
Connect to Smarter Stewardship at https://smarterstewardship.com/ and gain access to resources that will help you stay in the loop for resources that will actively help you shape your financial future.
If you’re interested in growing in your faith, wealth, and life, visit https://changeforyourdollar.com/ for all the tools you need from coaching and speaking to my latest book, He Spends, She Spends!
If this blessed you today, please Subscribe, Leave a Review, and Share with someone who you believe will benefit from this message!
Contact John:Website: https://changeforyourdollar.com/