108 – 3 Essay Winners Share: What Thanksgiving Means to Me
I stumbled upon something special.
As we approach Thanksgiving this week, three heartwarming winning essays from 12-year-old Tatiana, 18-year-old Tracy, and Dale, father of a beautiful family, all share their unique perspectives on what Thanksgiving means to them. I believe these essays will warm your heart, put a smile on your face, and inspire gratitude and thankfulnesas as you approach this season of giving thanks!
In this episode, John discusses:
- The joy and humor of Thanksgiving gatherings
- The power of gratitude in everyday life
- Thanksgiving beyond feasting
- Finding joy in the midst of challenges
- 12-year old Tatiana – Thanksgiving is a time for reflecting on kindness, expressing gratitude, and embracing the lessons learned from family, friends, and even strangers.
- Tracy, an 18-year-old, shares a perspective on Thanksgiving that goes beyond a family feast, emphasizing the importance of sharing blessings with the less fortunate, keeping ancestral memories alive, and continuing the tradition of gratitude across generations.
- Dale, illuminates Thanksgiving as a celebration of the profound gift of family, including their special-needs child, and we are reminded of the true riches in life—love, laughter, and the joy derived from sharing blessings with others, fostering a sense of gratitude even in the face of challenges.
- May you feel the love of God, family and friends this Thanksgiving!
“I started to write a podcast episode about thankfulness and gratitude this time of year that we could apply to wise and faithful financial stewardship. I came across these three essays absolutely by chance, but they captured everything that I wanted to say and multiples more. I pray it was a blessing to you.”
- What Thanksgiving Means to Me Winners from the 2018 SDPIA Thanksgiving Essay Contest: https://southdakotapoultry.org/2018/11/what-thanksgiving-means-to-me-essay-contest-winners/
- Get your free “Get Recession Ready” mini-course at https://changeforyourdollar.com/
- Free Goal Achievement Supercharger Lessons & Worksheets
Let’s continue the conversation!
Connect to Smarter Stewardship at https://smarterstewardship.com/ and gain access to resources that will help you stay in the loop for resources that will actively help you shape your financial future.
If you’re interested in growing in your faith, wealth, and life, visit https://changeforyourdollar.com/ for all the tools you need from coaching and speaking to my latest book, He Spends, She Spends!
If this blessed you today, please Subscribe, Leave a Review, and Share with someone who you believe will benefit from this message!